This episode was so inspiring. Rinkan Patel represents the epitome of rewired thinking and the growth mindset.
I met Rinkan a little over a year ago, and from the very first few words he spoke I could tell that his approach to life and leadership was different than most. He was born very poor, with good family support, and eventually came to the United States as a young boy.
The story of his upbringing, his approach to life, and raising his children are inspiring and can be a lesson for us all.
In particular, we talked about some of these topics;
- Who Rinkan “truly” works for.
- We discuss his upbringing and happiness through serious adversity.
- Rinkan met Sean Achor, author of the Happiness Advantage. We talk about some of the things he took away from that and his TED talk.
- An experience for Rinkan at age 22 that caused a profound change
- How he responds to negativity and how he advises others to overcome negativity
- How he talks to his kids about goals, and how he goes beyond the question of “what do you want to be when you grow up?”
- We talk about “the fulcrum” concept
This is an inspiring story and I hope you enjoy.
We would love your feedback. Please leave your feedback on Apple Podcasts, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-824-8265 and leave a message – whether you have a suggestion for a guest or just want to let us know what you think – we’d love to hear from you.
Rinkan Patel’s LinkedIn Page
Shawn Achor’s book, The Happiness Advantage